VOICE Statement ahead of the European Humanitarian Forum
The European Humanitarian Forum represents a unique opportunity to focus on the growing humanitarian needs, and a key moment to discuss with the European Union (EU) , its Member States (MS) and the wider humanitarian community, political and policy measures that could support and protect the most vulnerable and marginalised populations and to identify solutions.
- Recommit and further strengthen their commitment to principled humanitarian aid
- Review and adjust the approach of the EU towards counterterrorism and restrictive measures
- Strengthen collective efforts to achieve the Grand Bargain (GB) 2.0 commitments
- Confirm commitments to the effective implementation of humanitarian protection and IHL
- Set up clear and measurable commitments to build climate resilience and adjust financial support and policies on greening humanitarian aid
- Review progress on and recommit to the inclusion of gender considerations into humanitarian action and policies