VOICE is the largest network of European NGOs implementing principled humanitarian aid and supporting crisis-affected people worldwide. It is recognised as the main NGO interlocutor with the EU on humanitarian aid.
VOICE members use their expertise and understanding of the operational realities to bring the NGO’s humanitarian perspective to the EU institutions and Member States. Through joint advocacy messages, VOICE seeks to influence EU policies and practices affecting the implementation of principled humanitarian aid.
- Being registered in a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area for at least two years at the date of affiliation as a non-governmental and not-for-profit organisation according to the national legislation.
- Be operational in implementing principled humanitarian aid, base their interventions on International Humanitarian Law and Principles, the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and have high-quality standards of professionalism and expertise.
- Have safeguarding policies and adequate reporting mechanisms in place.
- Operate without discrimination regarding race, nationality, gender, political, ethical, religious, or any other aspects.
- Have an interest in influencing the EU humanitarian agenda and policies, agree with the aim of the association, and engage to contribute to its activities as formulated in Part II of the VOICE Statutes.
- Be recommended by at least two VOICE member organisations.
Steps to follow
- Organisations wishing to become a member need to express their interest by writing to the VOICE Secretariat at VOICE@voiceeu.org.
- A membership application form is provided to the applicant organisation who shall complete it and send it back to the VOICE Secretariat with all required documents.
- Once the application file is completed, two senior representatives of the applicant organisation will be invited to discuss their application and motivation to join the network with two members of the VOICE Board of Directors and the VOICE Membership & Finances Coordinator.
- The whole VOICE Board of Directors will review the application and based on the recommendation by the two interviewers, decide whether to recommend the applicant organisation to the next General Assembly.
- The recommended applicant organisation will be invited to the next General Assembly to introduce the organisation and motivation to join the network. It is an exclusive power of the General Assembly to vote on the approval of new members.
For further information, check out the VOICE Statutes, “Part III. Members’ rights and obligations”.
If you have any questions or would like to express your interest in receiving the membership application form, please send an email to VOICE@voiceeu.org
We look forward to hearing from you!