VOICE is legally incorporated in Belgium. The VOICE statutes can be viewed here
- The General Assembly (GA) is the highest body of governance of VOICE and is held once a year. During the GA decisions are taken on administrative, financial and organisational issues, and members agree to a number of key decisions linked to VOICE's development, including by electing the members to the Board of Directors. VOICE members also often agree on a General Policy Resolution which identifies the current key humanitarian issues that the network wishes to bring to the attention of the EU institutions and Member States over the next few months.
VOICE usually organises an event or round-table prior to the General Assembly to discuss a humanitarian topic of interest for the network and wider relevant audiences in Brussels.
VOICE Strategic Plan 2019-2023
The current Strategic Plan was approved by the General Assembly in 2019. it is complemented by an annual work programme approved by the Board.
This plan has been developed through a continuous dialogue with members, consultative workshops at the General Assembly in 2018, and on the basis of the mid-term review of the previous strategic plan by the Board and the Secretariat.
The VOICE Strategy includes the following main objectives:
- Shape EU policies and practices affecting the delivery of principled humanitarian assistance worldwide, building on NGOs’ operational expertise
- Build on effective partnerships to advocate for predictable, timely and increased resourcing at EU level for quality and accountable humanitarian aid
- Promote an enabling environment in which European NGOs are able to advocate for and deliver effective humanitarian aid
- Enhance the effectiveness and recognition of VOICE as the main NGO interlocutor on EU humanitarian aid.
The above information is extracted from the full Strategic Plan. To learn more about how we work on these objectives see VOICE’s activities. Each year, the Secretariat produces an Activity Report. This report looks back on the implementation of the main objectives of the Strategic Plan, according to the Annual Work Programme. It also gives an update on the organisational developments of the network and its structure.